From the Blog

Why I Run: Mark Baum, 60

Why I Run: Mark Baum, 60 Thumbnail

Runner: Mark Baum, 60 Years running: 5 during my teens, and then 5 more starting at age 54 Hometown: Pasadena, CA 1) Favorite distance? Probably the half marathon.  I'm not as durable as I wish I were during the late miles of a marathon, and don't have enough pure speed for the shorter races.  But [...]

Read More

Announced: New Course for Denver Rock and Roll Half Marathon

Announced: New Course for Denver Rock and Roll Half Marathon Thumbnail

Course changes were announced Monday for this year's Rock & Roll Denver Marathon & Half Marathon, which will get an all-new look for its 5th annual running on October 19. The race is set to start and finish (like last year) at Denver's Civic Center Park, and for the first time take runners past Denver's [...]

Read More

Peachtree Road Race: 10 Things Runners Need to Know

Peachtree Road Race: 10 Things Runners Need to Know Thumbnail

Ready to run the world's biggest 10K this 4th of July? Here's 10 things to know before you lace up and head to the starting line at the Peachtree this Friday. Unless you registered with a fast finishing time that places you in one of the earliest-to-start groups, it's likely that you're going to be [...]

Read More

No Joke to this Slow Poke

No Joke to this Slow Poke Thumbnail

This past Saturday, my marathon training plan - developed by Runner's World Chief Running Officer and bad-arse running extraordinaire Bart Yasso himself - included the Winter Park Half Marathon in my eighteen-mile "long, slow, distance run." Well, the two-mile warm up and three-mile cool down were slow efforts, at least. I decided to 'up' my running game this year, [...]

Read More
Email This to a Friend

Submit